Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Chalk It Up Teacher Appreciation Gift

Hello! Hello!  Tomorrow is my Princess' last day of Kindergarten.  I picked up two bottles of lotion from the store for her teacher and their class' aid.

I am tickled with the end result of these :).  I created a CCR file for the box/container/wrap (whatever you want to call it)!  You can download it on my website: daris-corner.weebly.com.

Ingredients I used for this project are: (all CTMH except the glitter chipboard)

*Chalk It Up paper pack
*Dye inks: sorbet, black, flaxen, lagoon
*Believe in Yourself Stamp Set (C1574)- back side on corners
*Pretty Petals Stamp Set (C1599)
*Give a Lift Stamp Set (D1581)
*White Daisy Cardstock
*Fiskars Paper trimmer/scorer
*3D Foam Dots
*Dots- Aqua
glue
lagoon equivalent of glitter chipboard (front and inside bottom to stabilize and strengthen)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love to hear from my readers :).  Hope you have a great day. -Dari


Ha! Ha!  So, I completely forgot to give you the scoring measurements for this fun box :).  After you cut it out on your Cricut, you are going to score the long rectangle (along the long side) at: 3/4 inch.

On the smaller rectangle with the oval cut out, score 1/2 inch from the shorter edge.  On the longer side from the oval, score at 1/2 inch and 1 1/2 inch.

Fold along the score lines of the long rectangle the same direction.  This forms the base of your gift container.

Fold along the score lines of the small rectangle in opposite directions. 

Place glue on the 3/4" section of the long rectangle and line up the 1 1/2" high section of the smaller rectangle to the edge.  Press into place. Make sure you glue the 3/4" tab on the backside of the smaller rectangle.

At this point, I found it best to insert my gift (lotion) into the oval before gluing the 1/2" tab to the backside of the container.

Enjoy! -Dari



No comments:

Post a Comment