Friday, September 26, 2014

Stair Step Card Tutorial


Hello! Hello!  I have had a couple of people ask me how to make this card, so I decided to create a tutorial to teach you :).  My finished card is 6 inches wide and 5 1/2 inches tall. I used an 8.5x11 inch sheet of cardstock.  You can play with it and resize if you'd like.  That's the beauty of creating, right?

From my 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock, I cut off 2 1/2 inches from the width leaving a piece 6x11 inches.  You can use the piece you cut off for another project. 


Place your paper in your trimmer and measure (left side) at 5 inches.  This will give you 1 inch on the right side.  I have marked mine with black ink so you can see where I am cutting it.  Do not start cutting on the edge!  Come in 1 1/2 inches and cut until there is 1 1/2 inches left on the bottom.  Your cut should be 8 inches long.


Move your paper farther in until the left side of your paper measures 2 1/2 inches.  Cut starting 1 1/2 inches from the edge and cut until there is 1 1/2 inches left on the bottom.  Once again your cut should be 8 inches long.  I have given the measurements in the photo.  

Now you are going to score between those two cuts you made 1 1/2 inches from the bottom (at the bottom of the cut)  and 1 1/2 inches from that score mark.  In the photo, I have marked these with a dotted line.

The next score mark is at 5 1/2 inches from the edge. Do NOT score between your cut lines.  This score goes outside those cuts.


For your last score line, you will mark 4 inches from the top edge or 7 inches from the bottom.  This score line goes BETWEEN your two cuts as shown in the photo.

Now it is a simple fold process.  Fold and crease the bottom score line down behind the card.  This is the one that is 1 1/2 inches from the edge.  


The second fold goes up towards the front of the card. 

The third fold goes backwards and will give the card its shape.

The final fold also goes behind the card.

Tah dah!  Now you're ready to decorate your card however you desire.  Hope you enjoy this tutorial.  Let me know if you can understand it.  If you have questions, just leave a comment.  Wishing you an amazing day! -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment