Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Scrapbooking Retreat goody bag tags!



I have had a really hard time posting lately.  It's not that I haven't wanted to.  I am adjusting- to my sister being here, to kids in school, to the new rhythm of when to do my own crafting, to fitting everything in.  There are some times in my life that I feel very in control.  There are other times when I feel like I am holding on to the seat of my pants and hope I will not suffocate as I attempt to breathe :). 

Anyway, I wanted to do a scrapbooking retreat a few months ago.  I have been so excited, and it is getting REALLY close (tomorrow)!!  Anyway, I just finished creating the goody bag tags for it.  I LOVE them.  I came across this technique via youtube (my new favorite way to fold laundry).  That may sound a little funny, but I don't watch tv, and I don't like to fold laundry.  I let it pile up and pile up before I get to it.  

Recently, however, I discovered youtube craft tutorials.  I'm hooked!  My laundry is folded and put away.  Yea!  And, I have learned some fun new techniques as well.  I really enjoy Jennifer Mcguire's youtube channel.  Sometime this week she posted a video featuring the technique I used for these tags.  So fun.  I think I modified mine a little, but that is the beauty of creating, right?

Ingredients for my creation:
CTMH white daisy cardstock
Cricut Artbooking cartridge (tag)
Versamark ink
a la mode white embossing powder
water in spray bottle
Black pigment ink
CTMH Happy Birds stamp set C1600
CTMH For a Friend stamp set D1542
CTMH thistle, glacier and saddle dye inks
heat gun

Hope I inspired you today!  Have a fantabulous afternoon! -Dari

2 comments: