Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Halloween Color Challenge



Hello! Hello!  It has been forever since I posted (at least it feels that way).  I have organized a monthly card swap group.  I love these groups, because I get to know people and actually do something at the same time.  Anyway, this month I am hosting it.  I chose Halloween Colors.  That was it.  Each member can do whatever she wants to with traditional Halloween colors.  As I have been talking with each of them, I realized that the majority are going to do something Halloween related.  I thought I would think outside the box, and the card you see is the product of my efforts.  I LOVE how it turned out!  There are so many "firsts" for me in this card I don't know where to begin (lol).

I have never used the same color card base as the card background.
I have never used Pearl Ex on a card project before (a new found love thanks to Two Peas In A Bucket: Thinking Inking Perfect Pearls Part 1 youtube video).
I have never used an epoxy enamel embellishment on a card before let alone a homemade one.  I am going to learn how to do youtube videos, because the method I used is AWESOME, and I want to share it so others can make some, too :).
I have never used these colors together in a non Halloween theme.
Oh! And, I know my insert isn't all fancy, BUT I actually decorated the inside of my card.

Yea me!  If I have inspired you, leave me a comment and link so I can see your creatiion. :)

Hope you enjoy.  Thanks for stopping by, Dari

Ingredients :) for this card:
Black Card stock
CTMH White Daisy Cardstock
Lime green cardstock
Orange cardstock
Versamark ink
CTMH Your Own Kind of Wonderful stamps (butterfly and sentiment)
CTMH Skylark Scrapbooking Workshop stamp set (flourish on ribbon and inside insert)
CTMH black dye ink
CTMH 3D foam tape
CTMH Liquid glass (epoxy embellishment)
CTMH Bonding Glue Stick
CTMH Artbooking cartridge (sentiment embellishment shape)
Unknown origin background stamp (flourish background)
White organza ribbon
Orange ribbon
scrap plastic from a package
Pearl Ex powder pigments Series 2

I hope I haven't left anything out :).
Paint brush 

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the positioning of the three banners and that beautiful orange butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the one who inspired me to start decorating the insides of my cards. You do such an amazing job. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete