Monday, April 14, 2014

Barbie Castle!


I am so excited to share this with you!  My Princess and I created this out of  a set of three plastic shelves, lots of cardboard and a glue gun.


 Here is an up close pic of the center front.
 


Here is our elevator!  We drilled little metal eye rings (I think that's what they are) into the side of the elevator and also at the top and bottom of both sides of the side front sections.  Then, we made a knob that turns to raise and lower it.  The picture below shows the knob (pully) better.

We HAD to paint it pink!  Of course.  That is My Princess' favorite color.  This pic shows off all our homemade barbie stuff quite nicely.  On the balcony, there is also a boys' room and the swimming pool you see.

She loves it, and I am pleased with the results.  Yea!  Thanks for stopping by and checking it out! -Dari



2 comments:

  1. I'm sure she is having lots of fun with the Barbie Castle! (And can I say, I'm glad Kaitlyn never wanted one because it looks like too much work! ;) )
    So I've been exploring your blog a bit today and for the life of me I can't find a good link to your Etsy site. What's the address? I'd love to see what you've be up to on that front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! My Etsy store is DarisCreativeCorner. I hope this link takes you there. Sorry you're having problems reaching it. I will have to see what I can do about that! How are you? I will have to call and catch up. Love ya! https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarisCreativeCorner?ref=search_shop_redirect

    ReplyDelete