Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Work In Progress: Dainty Crochet Newborn Hat





It has been way too long since I posted any crafts.  I love to see everyone else's finished creations.  There isn't anything amazing about the photo you see above, and I'm sure no one else is going to "pin" it or share it anywhere, but I have been working on this for over a week!  That's right.  This little piece of work has been quite the unintended project.  

My sister had her baby last Monday, and I love to make hats.  I think every baby should have a hat (or 12).  I chose this purple skein from my stash, because my sister's favorite color happens to be purple.  Anyway, a newborn baby hat should only take an hour or so to make, right?  That's what I thought; however, I had decided on a lacy pattern that got lost in the variegated colors.  So, I ripped it out and started with another stitch.  This time a shell pattern.  The same thing happened.  I just wasn't pleased with the way it looked.  I have ripped this hat apart at least 6 times.  

Finally, I have settled on a stitch that looks dainty and yet doesn't get lost in the changing colors of the yarn.  What? You ask.  A simple V-stitch using Double Crochet. Now that I am finally settled on a stitch pattern, I may actually finish it soon!  Look for the finished project soon! Thanks for stopping by. -Dari

2 comments:

  1. Sure a newborn hat will only take a few hours if you read a pattern and follow it exactly. The creative process takes much longer and I'm sure you will have an even better looking (and original design) hat at the end. Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I actually finished the hat yesterday and am planning on posting it tomorrow as a Finished Object! Haven't decided yet if I want to post the pattern as well. I guess we'll see how ambitious I am. Thanks again.

      Delete