Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lion & Lamb Preschool Math Mat


Hello! Hello!  It feels like it has been forever since I posted.  I have been up to my elbows and then some with extra kids.  I cared for a dear friend's 4 children (11 months to 6 years old) for three days so she could drive to two different states with her husband for job interviews. 

Anyway, we learned about the letter L this week in preschool.  I created a math mat that could be used for addition or subtraction.  It is very simple.  You spin the dials and place the correct amount of objects (we used cheerios, because the kids love to eat things) then add the total up.  Or, you could subtract.  I have two variations of this.  The first one (pictured above) has the numbers 1-4.  The more difficult one has 1-8.  You can download your own copy on my website

The bottom picture is the instructions to draw the lion I used for our game.  It comes from an old Usborne book titled I Can Draw Animals. I don't know if it is still in print, but I took a picture of it so you can use it for your own personal needs.  Our art activity for Tuesday was drawing lions.  I was quite impressed.  Three and four year olds did this quite well.  Here is a picture of my princess and her masterpiece:





Hope you have a great week!  I am planning on it.  We are leaving for California in two days.  I can't wait.  Thanks for visiting. -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment