Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Madness

I have been busy lately, however, not sure what I have to show for it. Bet you've never felt that way before! On Tuesday, Alayna and I got together to work on projects. I still haven't finished my card for our card club this month. My Emma just wouldn't let me.

On Thursday, I teach a young girl arts and crafts. We created some artist trading cards. They are really fun. If you've never heard of them, google "artist trading cards" or ATC's. There is even a kids group that is well moderated. It is a yahoo group. I made a few to send to my sister, JaNae, and her kids. Hopefully, I can get them in the mail soon.

We went to the Air Force Museum today at Hill Air Force Base. I must say that I was very done by the time we left 4 hours later! All the males who went had a GREAT time. I enjoyed myself, too, but I could have been done after an hour. NOW, if it had been a quilt museum or craft fair or..... you get the picture. Here are some pics of our adventure:

I did write jazz piece for one of my piano students. He REALLY likes it. I think it will be a great recital piece for him. I love to see the kids find something they enjoy. They work harder to play them AND it keeps them wanting to learn more.
Hobby wise, I have been working on genealogy, just finished making a delicious loaf of whole grain bread and a batch of rolls. They are SO good. Here's my original recipe:
Dari's Whole Grain Bread Recipe
(makes 2 loaves)
2 1/2 C. HOT tap water
2 T. olive oil
1/4 C. honey
2 heaping T. yeast
1 C. oats
1/2 C. sunflower seeds
1/2 C. vital wheat gluten
4 1/2 C. Whole White Wheat flour
Preheat oven to 350F.
In kitchen aid (or other mixer), place water, yeast, oil and honey. Mix together. Wait for about 5 minutes, then add oats, sunflower seeds, and gluten. Gradually add flour while mixer is on. Mix well for 5 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes, then mix again for a few seconds. Take out of bowl and divide dough in half. I like to roll my dough out using a rolling pin. Then, I roll it up into a tight log and tuck the ends under. This reduces the risk of holes in the middle of the loaf. Place the rolled loaf into a greased bread pan. Cover with a HOT damp dish towel and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Note: You can use half of the dough (1 loaf) for 1 dozen rolls. Simply divide it into 12 balls and place in a greased 10x10 in. pan. Follow same directions as the loaf. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment