Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mother's Day Card



I am taking a big risk posting this here before Mother's Day, but I just couldn't help it. Sometimes I really like my creations, and I wanted to share my latest one. Mother's Day is next month, and I have been working hard on a surprise for my mother and mother-in-law for a LONG time. Anyway, I had this idea for a card and it actually turned out as I had envisioned; however, you can't see my scalloped edge on the bottom or the pin pricking along the same edge. I also used foam to make the 2 M's pop up and one on the flower.


I also created this card a couple of weeks ago.
I stole the idea from my cousin's baby shower invitation. I drew a picture of a tulip on a piece of computer paper, shaded the back using a pencil so I could transfer it, placed it on a piece of white cardstock, then traced over the flower. Then I used my watercolor pencils and a water pen (blending pen) to spread the colors. This card doesn't open. The tag comes out of the pocket. I thought it was a fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment